The three themes of ACTRC are assessment, curriculum and technology.
Research activities must fall within one or more of these strands, and are stimulated by state-of-the art thinking in each, combined with identified needs and priorities of the Philippines education system. Statements on ACTRC directions across these themes are contained in the Executive Summaries of three Position Papers presented at the Centre Opening in May 2013. These Papers identify the conceptual platform for the projects undertaken by the Centre.
Our Recent Projects
ACTRC is currently conducting the following projects:
ACTRC is conducting a review of the Philippine K-12 Basic Education Curriculum. The review is addressing alignment both within and across the curriculum.
Feasibility Study on Micro-Certification for the Alternative Learning System (ALS), Philippines
The Assessment Research Centre (ARC), in partnership with the Assessment, Curriculum and Technology Research Centre (ACTRC) in the Philippines have been contracted by UNICEF to explore the feasibility of using micro-credentials for the Alternative Learning System (ALS).
Our Current Projects
ACTRC has completed a number of studies, including:
- 21st Century Skills in the Philippines
- Alternative Delivery Mode (ADM) Project-End Evaluation
- Alignment of Intended, Implemented and Assessed Science Curriculum Focusing on Inquiry Skills
- Assessment and Reporting Practices that Support Inclusive Education For Students with Additional Learning Needs
- Assessment of Transversal Competencies in the Asia-Pacific – Philippines
- Baseline Study on Language Match and Teacher Assignment in BARMM
- Development of Assessment Tools for Elementary Students in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao
- Formative Assessment Phase 1
- Formative Assessment Phase 2
- Formative Assessment Phase 3
- Formative Assessment Phase 4
- Independent Disbursement-Linked Indicator Verification Agent for the Learning, Equity and Accountability Program Support (LEAPS) Project
- International Large-Scale Assessment Support
- Longitudinal Study of Learning Achievement of Students in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (LearnARMM)
- Review of Large-Scale Assessments Relevant in the Philippines
- Review of Mother Tongue Based-Multilingual Education for the World Bank, Equity and Accountability Program Support Project
- Science Curriculum Study
- Science and Maths Curriculum Study
- Tool for Career Guidance in the Philippines
- Understanding Best Practices in MTB-MLE in the Philippines
We at ACTRC believe that assessment is for teaching.